When we travel around, there are a couple of Hotels that we absolutely love, and would not change it for the world. You see after traveling when we were younger and experiencing horrible beds, stinky rooms, dirty tubs (other people’s hair left in them after cleaning,) old and outdated lobbies, and much more, we decided to take a step up after trying to pinch pennies at the expense of our comfort.
Well, my first choice is in Houston, Texas at the Hilton Hotel next to the Toyota center in downtown Houston. Let me give you a descriptive view of this place…
1. You drive up and there are a number of people waiting to assist you.
a. The Valet Parker. This is your only option. You can not park your own car (cool isn’t it)
b. The Bellhop. He is there to take your clothes out of the card and wait on you while you check in. Actually, every time you leave and come back, you don’t even have to carry your own shopping bags if you do not want to.
c. Greeter. He greets the family, gets your name, and asks you is there anything like information that you may need while staying in Houston. They will get reservations for you, directions, suggest shopping places, Realtors, anything that they are familiar with, they can find out for you.
2. Now, the inside. Once you walk in through the motion activated turning entrance, you are welcomed by every worker that lays their eyes on you. There is beautiful detail on the ceilings, the restaurant, the registration desk, even the columns and floors are immaculate in detail. Just imagine even the elevators are gold.
3. Now, the room. They are always immaculate. I have never ever complained about anything that was undone in the rooms.
4. Room Service. They will bring you food throughout the night. They are always polite, the call you by your name and will return with just a call from you to pick up their trays. Also, their food is really good. It tastes like someone from Louisiana cooks the food.
5. Checkout. Best of all. There is no check out. The last morning of your stay, you can check out on the television, or simply look at the bill that they will slide under your door first thing in the morning. If you do not have any disputes, simply leave.
By far, I have been to many FINE hotels, and others cost more, with much more expensive decor, but as far as service as a whole, I absolute suggest this hotel if you are in the Houston Area.