Attracting a person to pick up and read a workshop flyer is similar to attracting clients or customers on the internet. Something has to reach out and catch the eye before a person will stop and read the text.
Before creating your marketing flyer, think about what you know about the people whom you’re trying to attract. Ask yourself these questions,
Who is your target market?
– Who is your audience?
– What do you know about them?
– What gender are they?
– How old are they?
– How much money do they have to spend?
– What do they want?
Where are they?
– Where do they shop?
– Where do they network?
– Where do they eat?
How do they gather information?
– Print media?
Emphasize and prioritize the benefits that will be received from attending the workshop.
– What is the No. 1 benefit people will receive?
– What is the No. 2 benefit?
– The No. 3?
CREATING YOUR MARKETING FLYER
If you advertise your workshop in more than one media, electronic and print, make sure all marketing materials are consistent in color, title, tag line & energy. Have a catchy title and perhaps an even catchier tag line. Add photos or other graphics, especially of the workshop facilitator. Include vital information. Make sure you include all of the following information:
– What it is.
– Where it is.
– Date & Time.
– How to register.
– Phone number & email for further contact
– Options to register by mail or to register online with a credit card.
The most important things to remember when creating your workshop flyer is that it must
1) catch people’ attention;
2) provide the benefits that will be received; and,
3) make it clear and easy how to register.