Being a verified member of eBay actually opens a lot of doors, including the opportunity of adding a variety of credit cards to your account. You also have the opportunity of placing bid amounts of more than 15,000 dollars, get to participate in “adults only” auctions and also sell your products using the Best Offer feature.
Steps to verifying your eBay account:
• First register for an eBay account – in order to sign up for your eBay account, head on to the “Registration page”. Then enter in the following:
• First name
• Last name
• Street address
• Zip code
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Make sure you choose your eBay password very carefully. Choose a password that no one, not even the people who know you would think of. One of the best and strongest passwords that you can use is a bunch of numbers and a word – do not use a word that makes sense. For example “z210hx41” is a awesome password; no one will guess that. Using the name of your pet, first child, favorite food etc are all big No-No’s. Choose a random word and include some figures and Tada! You have a strong password.
• Then, enter the captcha code, which is simply a security device that ensures that you are not an automated machine. In order to signup for an eBay account, you have to be 8 years or more. Ensure that you read the terms of service and agree on them, the next step is to click on “register” in order to continue. You can get a new captcha code if you are unable to read the one before you.
• A page will inform you that you will need to check your email in order to continue with the eBay registration process. This simply confirms that you own the email account and that you are truly who you say you are. Check your email account (the account you registered on eBay with) – this is the final stage.
• Verifying your eBay account
Sign-in to your eBay account then simply access “Seller Central” -in this section, you will find a link to signup for your ID verification.
• Begin the ID verification process agreeing to eBay’s terms and conditions. You will be 5 dollars, which will be added to your eBay bill.
• Ensure that you verify your contact information which includes your phone number – please know that a phone call will be required in order to complete verification. The eBay system pulls out your credit file so as to verify your identity. Also be very prepared to answer sensitive information such as your auto loan payment cost or mortgage cost.
• Complete the questionnaire and wait for a telephone call from eBay. This company employs the services of a third party verification company in order to verify your telephone number. As soon as you receive the phone call and your identity confirmed, you will become eBay verified and you will have the opportunity of accessing additional features.