Do you want to buy a used motor home for sale? Many first (and second and third) time RV buyers do this in order to save money on their RV purchase. But, if you really want the deal to be a good one, you should take the time to check out any used motor home for sale that you are seriously considering purchasing. Not only is it important that it has all of the features and amenities that you are looking for, it should also be in good condition for a RV of its type, age, and mileage. Every used motor home for sale has a history, and that history could be a good one of care and maintenance, or a poor one of neglect and abuse. So, it is vital that you check out any used motor home for sale before you buy it.
First, it is always a good idea to get an overall understanding of the used motor home market and what a “good” price is and what “low” mileage is. You can also find out about the financing and purchasing options available for a used motor home for sale.
Here is a checklist for every motor home you look at:
1. Does it have the owner’s manual? These are not only expensive to replace, they can also give you important information about maintenance and specifications on your motor home.
2. Get out for a test drive in any used motor home for sale that you are considering buying. Listen for unusual sounds and see if the controls are all in working order.
3. Check out the exterior. Peeling or faded paint is an indication that it was not stored properly. Dents, scratches or mismatched paint may indicate an accident. Check for broken parts on doors, railings, etc.
4. Have a mechanic check under the hood and give it a full inspection.
5. The interior should not show excessive wear and tear and the appliances, plumbing and electrical systems should be in good working order.
6. Have a service professional check out the generator and heating and cooling systems.