Headlights have been included ever since the beginning of automobiles. It is the standard equipment which is used to light up the road ahead of the vehicle at night and in extreme weather conditions. The designs and functionality of headlights are changing with the time and technology. The only thing that is not changing is they provide effective brightness and luminosity for drivers at night. Today, people are becoming conscious about the appearance of the vehicle. They want classy and stylish accessories that add grace to the car. The designers have to make eye-catching and efficient accessories keeping in mind demand and taste of people.
There are several front lamps that differ by color, brightness, style and brand. It is essential to examine lights properly to choose the best one for the vehicle. There are different types of car headlights and lamps.
Some of them are:
1. Incandescent Bulbs: They are also known as traditional lighting. These bulbs were the only source of brightness used in earlier times. They are not durable and reliable especially in unfavorable weather. It consists of a filament that evaporates and burns out after some time.
2. Halogen Bulbs: This technology is developed after incandescent or traditional bulbs. Halogen consists of a thinner tungsten filament which provides a brighter white light. The bulb is filled with halogen gas, which improves the life of the filament, and it is still in use, in several automobiles. It uses a metal background that reflects light more powerfully as compare to incandescent.
3. HID Bulbs: HID is also known as xenon. High intensity discharge bulbs have more benefits as compared to traditional and halogens. They provide more brightness and lasts longer than halogens. It uses two electrodes, which form an arc between them by using xenon gases and electricity. They are costly as compared to older bulbs.
4. LED Bulbs: Light emitting diodes are exceptionally bright, reliable and durable. They use semiconductor material to create light by using electrons. These bulbs use most of energy to light up than to heat. LED is widely used in luxury vehicles.
5. Driving Lights: The lights consist of a convex lens that is fitted in front of the bulb and have both high and low beams. They add style and grace to the vehicle. Wiring projector headlight is a long procedure which takes a lot of time to install.
6. Pencil Beam: It is an off-road aftermarket choice. The brightness and mounting locations of these lights can make sightless to other drivers on the road.
7. Fog Lights: They are designed to maximize visibility in extreme weather circumstances like rain, snow and fog.
The front lamps are available in various colors like white, red, plasma and chrome. The prices vary according to the quality, functionality and looks. There are stock and performance bulbs. The stock bulbs have low color temperature and brightness as compare to performance bulbs. One can compare all the lights and choose the one that fits to your requirements.