Auto insurance is another name for security of your vehicle. As the name suggests auto insurance is all about insuring one’s vehicle against all kinds of threats for instance theft, accident and other related dangers. The basic types of auto insurance coverage are –
1. Bodily injury liability, which provides coverage for bodily injury claims from the people who might get injured in an accident with your vehicle.
2. Property damage liability covers any property damages to third parties such as another person’s car you damaged or are responsible for.
3. Medical expenses to the policy owner and other passengers in the policy owner’s car.
4. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage saves the negligent driver with or without insufficient insurance. In most states, this covers only bodily injury losses while in other cases property damage losses are also included. However it is quite important for everyone to get this coverage because it protects us from all expected as well as uninvited problems. For instance at some places an uninsured motorist caught driving with a suspended license in a car with a revoked registration goes to jail.
5. Physical damage stands for damage to your car that can be through accident or any other means such as collision, storm etc. In this the collision coverage pays for the physical damage caused to a person’s vehicle through collision.
However prior to purchasing an auto insurance policy there are quite a few things, which should be borne in mind. For instance- shop for the best policy available, always ask for high deductibles, check the insurance of the car or any other vehicle prior to purchasing it, coverage of the car varies with its worth, the profile of the company through which you will buy the insurance and last but not the least go with a low cost auto insurance for instance at places such as Santa Clara, San Marino Mateo and Alameda counties low cost auto insurance has arrived at premium rate of $322 and $355 respectively.
Whereas the auto insurance rates are concerned the American Farm Bureau suggests that the insurance rates for a driver should be based on the risk of that the driver should be based on the risk that the driver confronts for having an accident or loss and since rural drivers in the rural areas are less prone to risks, they should not be asked to pay more for their auto insurance.
In California there is a debate over the auto insurance policy rates. While on the one hand due to the rules offered by California Department of Insurance the rates of auto insurance are expected to touch the sky, on the other hand the California Farm Bureau strongly opposes it and claims that the new rates presses rural residents to shell out more money in order to subsidize the cost for urban residents.
However nowadays auto insurance companies are troubled with excess of crime or fraud in this area. Lately in North Carolina thirteen people were arrested accused of staging motorcycle wrecks to collect insurance money. Many such cases are reported in other parts of the world. As a result the government of different countries is looking for ways and means to combat the crime situation.